Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Love These Days...

Father's Day was a wonderful day.... I love it when everyone is counting their blessings and expressing love and appreciation.  Those are my favorite days.

I told the boys to give something from their hearts...so they each prepared something to share,  a card of some kind or some words to say and something, a skill, talent, anything that would make their Dad proud of them.

It turned out that 4 of the six boys played the piano.

Michael played Brahm's Lullabye.  Jacob played Rock Ballad, Joseph played the theme from James Bond, and Eric played Moonlight Sonata.   Eric chose Moonlight Sonata because he said he remembers that his Dad would often play that just after everyone had been tucked into bed.

Jonathan had a different talent to share.  He demonstrated his amazing trampoline skills.  Doing back flips, a gainer, a back flip/front flip combination.

And Scott?  He showed Dad his new latest skill!  A Somersault!  Wow was he excited when he figured out how to do that a couple of days ago.

I made a smile box slide show for Steve that I would love to post here but I just think it is too personal...so I won't.   But, let's just say I was one teary blubbery woman putting that together.  It made me just bubble over inside with gratitude for this great man I married and all that he does for us.


 Steve is an exceptional Dad.   He is so committed to each of our boys.  Whatever they are interested in he is right there supporting them.  Even when he is tired he gives 110% of himself to them.  I have seen him listen with his heart and counsel his boys.  He has given so much of his time and energy to math homework, last minute science projects, their sometimes quirky hobbies, sports, anything..you name it!  He is there.   He love these boys. Which just makes me feel all mushy inside and love him more..





He has been the one who has taught them all how to ride a bike (mostly).   He has never missed a scout camp...maybe one I think since Eric started to go about 6 years.  






    He is strong and steady...a strength and a comfort in my life and I love this man.

1 comment:

  1. Anne,

    I love your blog! You are so inspiring. I am so grateful you have been a part of my life. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete