Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Day of High School...


Well, my oldest child finished his last day of high school today.... That is a bit surreal for me... to say the least.  I am trying not to be a silly weepy mother.  But, I can't help myself.  I get very nostalgic at the end of every school year anyway, but this year I feel this feeling more poignantly than ever before.  

My oldest is set to leave the nest.  I have been thinking about this time for the past two years, trying to be prepared and excited...which I am !! ...but this marks a real turning point in our family.  I tell myself to be focused on how wonderful this is... 

My son has grown into a kind, patient, humble, considerate human being.  He has found his inner voice...has gained his own testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...He knows what he believes and where he stands and he stands tall and firm.  He has become a wonderful pianist.  We love to hear him play.... He has a beautiful voice.  He has won awards on the state level in the solo competition.   He  and has enjoyed singing in the Vocal Ensemble this year.  He has worked hard and has earned a high GPA.  He has worked very hard and he set to go to college and begin his wonderful life. So, I feel such a mixture of absolute joy, pride, gratitude and yes a bit of sadness..but I am not sure sadness is the right word.  I am not sad...I am not sure what I feel.  I just know it makes me cry.   

He has also done all of this while dealing with some pretty significant challenges in his life.  I have learned so much and been blessed beyond anything I could have imagined because of this SON.  


Goodbye beloved Hillcrest High School!  And onto bigger and even better things!!!  BYU I , here we come! The future is so bright ...and it is all before you Eric!  Move forward with faith and determination to make your dreams come true!  

We are so proud  of you...and feel so fortunate to be your parents!   

No comments:

Post a Comment