Saturday, May 22, 2010

Something I Need to Wrap My Head and Heart Around....

I think I have this thing figured out and then I realize I still don't...

But, I think I have decided to finally surrender....

and Trust.....

and know that I (and my family) are in His Hands...

He has a plan.....

and all that we go through can be for our good ...

and give us experience....

grant us wisdom......

and teach us that without a doubt ..We have a Father in Heaven who will give us what we need to pull through any challenge and therefore learn that He knows us personally and loves us.

So I Surrender...



Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles taught us how we can benefit from adversity by relying on Christ. He said, " the Lord is intent on our personal growth and development... Progress is accelerated when we willingly allow Him to lead us through every growth experience we encounter... If we question every unpleasant challenge... we make it harder for the Lord to bless us. But if we center our hearts and minds on the Lord's will, we will gain more happiness in the journey and more fulfillment in life." 


Orson F Whitney of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles helped us understand the purpose of adversity. He said, " No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God... and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire. " 

No comments:

Post a Comment