Thursday, November 5, 2009

A New Way of Looking at November....



After Halloween is finally over.... and the decorations are put away and the pumpkins are shriveling on the porch, the kids are coming down off their sugar highs and the costumes are finally put away, I have traditionally been left feeling a little bit dull.....

Back when I was little, Halloween was the highest moment of the glorious Fall season. After Halloween everything was just downhill until Christmas with a happy Thanksgiving hiccup along the way. I absolutely adore Fall, and since I was feeling like a Halloween Scrooge this year, I decided I needed to do something different to continue to delight in this wonderful season.

So, when this dull "morning after" feeling descended upon me November 1st, I thought I would begin to celebrate Thanksgiving early by counting my blessings every day. At first this was a little hard, but now a few days later, I find myself counting and rejoicing in so many blessings. My heart is singing. November is a beautiful month; a month to count blessings,spend time with family; and enjoy simple pleasures... We are all so blessed...! So, here's to the month of November and all of its special delights...

No comments:

Post a Comment