Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Michael...



This is my angel boy.  He is our child who is so good that we wonder if he isn't just too good to be here.....you know what I mean?  He was a sweet, patient happy baby and a calm easy going toddler and has grown into a peacemaker boy, kindest brother to Jacob and a complete joy to his parents.  He turned 10 today and that makes me happy and ....sad.   I know how fast the years go after this magical age.  One day they are 11 and then you turn around and they are taller than you and speak to you with this low voice.....and that little boy who tugged on your hand and said "look mom...." is gone.  Oh it is all good...but really does time have to go so fast?

The day Michael was born, just before we left for the hospital, I looked out the window and the morning sky was filled with pink fluffy clouds as the sun was just rising over the mountains.  Since I didn't think it was necessary to find out if we were having a boy or girl and wanted to be surprised I thought this was a sign from heaven that my impressions that we were having a girl were right!   Boy, (no pun intended!) was I surprised several hours later when Dr. Yamashiro announced, "it's a boy!"  I must say my disappointment at first was real but once I held this precious baby boy and felt of his beautiful little soul I had no regrets.  He is so precious to me....and I cannot imagine life without him.  Michael is such a blessing in our lives.  Happy 10th Birthday Michael... 

No comments:

Post a Comment