Saturday, March 13, 2010

Masterpiece Theater....My Sunday Night Indulgence


Ahhhh Jane Austen and her stories.  I especially love Emma.  It makes me laugh and also soothes my  poor boy-worn soul...   


    


  So...I get away for awhile, 

 I sit on my beautiful 4 poster cherry wood bed 
on my pretty comforter 
next to my pretty fireplace
 (yes my bedroom is my girl retreat in this houseful of boys) and I have enjoyed "Emma."  And any other movie like this.  It is a needed break indeed from the 
 daily onslaught of wrestling matches and chasing games, 
 legos, precious legos scattered everywhere,
 "wars" with all types of plastic weapons, whizzing nerf dart wars until someone cries, 
choo choo trains scattered everywhere, scary action figures of all types
matchbox cars
pushups, pullups and situps,
basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, and other balls ..oh my!
toilet seats with "sprinkles" (yes we talk about this atleast once a month)
smelly boy shoes and dirty socks
cub scout and  boy scout books,
pocket knives, compasses, mess kits, and all types of camping gear
holes and dents in the walls, various broken things
 growling dinosaurs, 
Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Dinosaur and Train movies, 
Pants with holey knees, shoes caked with mud, 
sand and dirt in the bathroom sink, on the faucet and light switch
pencils, papers, markers, pens, moon sand, and clay
ipods, cell phones, hoodies, Aeropostle and American Eagle shirts
Text books, piles of papers, notebooks
pants that seem to be too short over night! 
Cracking voices, longer legs, bigger muscles, 
Computer games, and Wii 
Mythbusters,  and other boy shows I don't even want to look at, 
and More! 

So, once in a long while I get away....I get to enjoy this rare opportunity...and just fall into girlness, fully and completely for a moment...

I am talking about BALANCE here. 
 Then I can bring it all back ...all the boy passion, boy fun and energy.  And I love that too......


But, how nice to just be completely GIRL for moment or two.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment