Monday, January 18, 2010

Utah Honor Choir Performance


It was fun to get away on a sort of dull Saturday afternoon to go to a great
concert. Every year Utah pulls together the audition choirs from highschools across the state and invite two guest conductors to come. They practice together for two days and then perform. The performance is held at Abravanel Hall and that makes it even more special.



While we were waiting we also found out where Eric was sitting and ofcourse waved back and forth at each other. Do you see Eric on the front row looking down at us. Doesn't he look great in his tuxedo?





I am so grateful for talented directors and others who so generously give of their time, talents and enthusiasm to create these marvelous experiences for these highschool kids to enjoy. I was so impressed with the quality of the music and the pieces they selected to perform. I just loved it. I was brought to tears a couple of times. What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. So proud and happy for you Eric....so glad you choose to involve yourself in such good things.
.


Steve and I did a little reading while we waited for the performance to begin. This was pure heaven for me because I struggle to find uninterrupted time to read or blog for that matter.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by how talented young musicians are! The dedication and discipline at a young age only means good things in the future.
    (I LOVED the comment you left about video games...thank you so much for the encouragement!)

    ReplyDelete