Monday, January 25, 2010

A Birthday I Will Never Forget...



Last Saturday ....my sweet husband had a birthday party for me.

I spent the day putting Christmas decorations away and he was busy taking the boys out on secret shopping trips to buy me presents. The whole family was in on it and it was so funny to find out later how many times they "tricked" me so I wouldn't know what they were all up to!

There was a lot of secret wrapping going on in Steve's office all afternoon and everyone seemed sort of excited. I love my family...

Then Steve baked me a cake!! I love to see this man in the kitchen..especially doing something so nice as baking a cake for me...


Then everyone got in the car and off we went for my birthday party! I had no idea what Steve has planned. He surprised me by taking me and the whole family out to eat at the Olive Garden. Our boys had never eaten there and loved the experience. They also loved the food. I loved basking in the love of my family around me...with all those delicious smells and tastes of my favorite food. We had a wonderful time.







When we got home, it was time for cake and presents. I was amazed at the creative and very individual gifts the boys gave me....things they had really thought about and observed that I might like and want or needed.  And Steve gave me some very nice gifts too.... so sweet and it was night I will cherish in my memory.

Thanks everyone for making this a birthday to remember. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment