Friday, May 25, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day this year was simple..just the way I like it.

To me it isn't about material gifts, it means the most to me when it is about notes from my children, simple homemade gifts, a walk together, a shared meal.  It is about treasuring our time together and slowing down to ponder about the relationships I have with each of my children.   This year I got all of that.  I don't need a big hurrah hurrah day for me...!  Just some simple, sincere heartfelt expressions of love to recognize the sweet relationship I share with my kids.

The day began with Scott, finally being able to have me open his gift!  I gathered him up close to me and sat on the couch.  I read his little note, looked at the picture he drew and opened the gift. He was so "essssited" for me to open my present.   And, I milked the moment for all it was worth.






Then he helped me cut a flower from the yard to wear in this homemade flower holder.  I felt very special wearing a flower to church today.  I smelled the beautiful fragrance of the delicate, feminine  iris all day.

I then got to walk to church with my dear little Scotty boy...  It was the most beautiful Mother's Day in memory.  The weather was absolutely perfect and the walk to church was just so fine.

After church, I got to walk home with three of my boys... Eric, Jonathan, and Scott.  It was another happy moment, walking at times with an arm around each other.. just chatting and laughing.

Dinner was Chicken Alfredo.   And we just enjoyed being together.  It was just so so nice.  At the end of the meal, each boy expressed something they love about me:

Scott:  I "preciate" mom because she lets me come with her to the store.  She buys me a treat.  We have fun.  She gets me what I want for my birthday.  She jumps on the tramp with me.  We just have fun."

Jacob:  "I love mom because she always gives me a 2nd chance when I do something wrong.  She keeps me on track."

Michael:  "I love mom because she helps me get thru school.  She is so generous and takes good care of me.  She loves me."

Jonathan: "Even though its not exactly they way I want, she helps me with almost anything.  We have fun talks and laugh a lot, (said with a laugh)  She generally supports me.   She talks with me and supports my feelings with the opposite sex.  (oh my such a typical 16 year old response.. ha ha!)

Eric:  "I appreciate mom because she's fun.  She's a beam of sunshine when there is no sunshine.  She's happy most of the time.  We like to have long debates and talks.  We like to talk."

Joseph...  was not there dinner.  Too bad.

Steve:  "I appreciate you mom and am grateful that she puts up with me."
Ha ha!

Later, I opened the homemade gift and card from Jacob and Steve and I took a walk.  Then came home, had rootbeer floats together.  And, everyone gave me a card.  That was really sweet.

It was a good and wonderful Mother's Day!
Wish I had taken a few more pictures.

And, I must add that Saturday night when most everyone was gone..I spent the whole evening watching awesome girl movies and I loved loved every minute of it.  Haven't had that much fun in awhile.

Mother's Day 2012  .. it was sweet






No comments:

Post a Comment