Monday, June 20, 2011

The Big 12th Birthday.....

This birthday was a hard one for me....  

It was awesome for Michael.... 

but I know that turning 12 means the end of childhood...it means those innocent childhood days are more behind you than ever before...it means big changes are coming...and this little boy and his little boy face, hands, voice and outlook will soon be a think of our memories.  I have seen it happen before...three times.  So, thus this birthday was hard for me.  


Michael chose to celebrate this very important birthday at Classic Skating.  His fun group of friends played for several hours playing lazer tag, climbing, playing games, skating etc etc.  Then we returned home for the rest of the party.  I think they all had a good time.


 Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to Michael, Happy Birthday to you....

12 Reasons Why I Love This Boy....
  1. Michael is often contemplative and quiet.  I respect and admire this quality.  This isn't  easy to do in this house of boy energy and vitality.  
  2. I love his flair for technology.  He has his own blog and enjoys creating computer animated stories.  He is so creative and has his own unique and darling style.
  3. He is humble.  Michael has never given me a reason to get angry with him.  Really!  I think that is remarkable.  In 12 years, I have never gotten angry with him.  Sometimes I have pretended to be angry with him but then we both start giggling at each other.  I love this about Michael!
  4. He gets along with everyone.  He is unselfish and kind.  He usually thinks of the other guy first.  Sometimes that works against him..so he is learning to balance that out.  And he will figure it out. 
  5. He always attracts the nicest friends....seriously nice people.  He is so fortunate but he also just plain deserves it because he is so nice.  
  6. He is usually always happy and peaceful.  He was born this way and I hope he never changes. 
  7. He is creating his own style and his way of managing his life, doing things his way.  I love to watch this.  He is just so cool.  
  8. He matches up his socks for the laundry every week!  I never never have to worry about his socks being lost and mixed up.  I really really appreciate this.
  9. He is beginning to look like a young man... I was noticing how long his legs are getting, how his face is changing ever so slightly..all signs of his manly handsome-ness coming just around the corner.  
  10. Michael is neat and tidy.  I so appreciate this.
  11. Michael is easy going, doesn't complain and goes with the flow..
  12. He loves what I cook and thanks me ...Wow!  I love that about him!
And sorry one more to grow on...He is my Michael...and I couldn't feel more lucky that I get to be  his momma.  

I love you Michael Thomas Knudsen!  Oh my ..you are 12!!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment