Tuesday, February 2, 2010

May I Have a Moment of Silence Please.......

After changing diapers over the years (about 2.5 years average per child so that would be 15 years of changing diapers ) I have changed my last diaper....

Whoa!!!

While this makes me sigh and smile a bit...there is something melancholy about it...






That means that my little baby years are behind me.... I am not sure I will ever get over that..all the way..anyway.  

I will always love little babies and little toddlers..those sweet innocent faces, eyes and hands and fingers.   I always felt so privileged to have the love of a little one so pure and innocent and so trusting.    

I will try not to get too emotional about this....


Now what am I going to do with all that extra money I won't be spending on diapers?  I am so very sure I can find something.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lucky girl! I don't think any Mom gets over the baby years entirely, but you have quite the adventure ahead of you! Soon missions, weddings, then you get grandkids and they will be your reward :)
    If you're anything like my Mother-in-law, you can use the extra money to paint the toilet because the toughest cleaner couldn't erase five boys worth of usage.

    ReplyDelete