Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I heart you! I heart you! I heart you!

For Family Home Evening the other night, we had a short lesson on charity...how important it is to love each other, especially in our families, and how much power each person has in the family to lift and love and help the family life go more smoothly.    It seems we talk about this so very often.


Then we all sat down and made valentines for each other.  This was actually very fun...Everyone made a valentine for each person in the family. ( I got this idea from Shawni Eyre's blog and if I could figure out how to put a link here for her blog I would.) Anyway,  I think we will do this "heart" activity every year.  I usually have done this for each of my kiddos and put a heart on their plates on Valentine's morning before they have their heart shaped pancakes.... But, I like this idea so much better because everyone is involved.. 


I guess our lesson should have been longer or something because after family home evening was over, two of the boys promptly started to bug each other and have an argument over something really dumb.  I just threw my hands up in the air..... exasperated!!!  Did they listen at all?


I guess I will just try again tomorrow to be an influence for good...for better..... Help these boys spread the love...spread the sunshine....because all those warm fuzzies feel so much better than cold prickles..... it is something I strive for every day.....and I am determined to make it so.... 


But, anyway just so we don't forget, there are a few examples of spreading the love below..








And Scott says..."I just love everyone!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment