Friday, September 7, 2012

Where is my Daughter Moment

you should  know I love my boys...

but there are moments in my house when I feel like a stranger in a strange land.  This can happen when the boys are hoopin it up, wrestling each other to the ground, or there is a high speed chase going on around and around.  I mean it is all good and everything, but there are times when I just feel so lost and alone.   I am the only girl in my house.  Sometimes I really feel that...  Where is my daughter(s)?

 I know wahhhh.... whine...whine...whine...    But, really where are those Christmas dresses, bows in the hair, a little companion to go with me to the Nutcracker Ballet (and actually love it) ?  I feel this loss ...especially during Christmas.  I guess it is all those things I thought I would do that I am completely missing out on.  

And, hey I have sweet boys.  I have had and do have little boys who love to cuddle and enjoy hanging out with Mom.  I have a few boys who love to cook with me and I have had some fun sewing with a couple of my boys.  I have a couple of boys who like crafts and who notice anything new I do to the house.  I have a son who has an eye for decorating and notices details.  This is all cool stuff and I am grateful but it just doesn't fill that empty spot.....  that need I have to relate to someone who just sees things from a feminine view.   Who approaches things with the feminine touch, who talks and thinks like a girl.   Girls are just so different from boys...I sense it every time I am around my nieces.  I hear about it when I talk with my sisters and my friends who have daughters.

Life isn't fair as we all come to find out...  I know that....   So we just deal... and count our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment