Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Simple Pleasures



happy things of Summer 2011



-invigorating excercise on early, cool, fresh Summer mornings
-blustery, thunderstormy Summer afternoons
-the smell of a quick Summer Rainshower

-pushing Scotty in the swing while he begs me to push higher!

-watching my teenagers enjoy life

-having more control over the family schedule, enjoying the slower pace and more time with each child.  

-inspiration and empowerment to be better, learning more about what I know and finding hope to press forward 


-the beauty and power found in the scriptures


-nightly walks with Steve ..holding his hand


-golden pink, red orange sunsets with brilliantly lit clouds


-crawling into clean, cool sheets at the end of the day

-beautiful music

-free outdoor concerts
-the joy and companionship of really good friends

-laughing so hard I almost cry

-reading a good book

-a meal with the family that includes sharing stories and much laughter

-Eric's sense of humor

-flowers, flowers, everywhere

 -having my house packed with people I dearly love
 -Waking up to a clean house...the quiet of the morning + clean house = bliss

-the temple
-remembering sacred days in my life
-the security and power of having made covenants with God
-knowing that that my Heavenly Father knows me...  and my family... and is on our side
-and in knowing that..... feeling the joy of serving a being as glorious and perfect as my Father in Heaven and Savior 


-car trips with good conversation

-playing games around the kitchen table

-heart to heat talks with Steve late into the night

-moonlit Summer nights so beautiful that it almost feels like the night is singing. 




1 comment: