Monday, September 21, 2009

How lucky am I...?


The only time Steve and I get to talk in-depth about things is usually late at night in bed after we have done a gazillion things for everyone and everything. By then I am usually nodding off mid-sentence (yes I have been known to nod off in the middle of saying our bedtime prayers) Not that this happens all the time..sometimes somehow we find the energy to have a very fun conversation until late..but then ofcourse we pay the price the next day...but most of the time we just pass each other on the way to somewhere for something. So, Steve decided to make sure we take a get-away, an "Executive Retreat," every few months so we can regroup, talk and plan without being interrupted every 2 minutes. I enjoy these times with Steve so much! The Inn on Capital Hill is a Victorian bed and breakfast overlooking Temple Square. We just love the cozy, homey atmosphere it provides to reconnect and plan. We know we are in the "thick" of raising our family....and that the work we are doing together is so important. I am so lucky--blessed to be with a man who values time with me...and with us...and wants to do his very best as a father and husband.



We love bringing dessert back to enjoy later in our room. Here we are sharing our slice of that famous wickedly delicious Chocolate Cake from Market Street Grill. Our favorite!


I opened up my suitcase and found a little friend that Scott had packed just for me without me knowing. Don't worry it isn't real..it is just a toy iguana....packed just for me, just in case I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment